Relax, no stress here...
Are you nervous about going to the dentist? You don\'t need to be nervous about coming to our practice. We offer many different types of sedation to help our patients relax and to reduce anxiety.
Nitrous "Laughing Gas" Dentistry
Also known as laughing gas, Nitrous Oxide is beneficial in calming a patient\'s anxiety before a procedure. It is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe.
It is used primarily for its anesthetic and analgesic properties. It is a safe and effective gas that is inhaled by the patient. It is the most commonly used sedation technique in dentistry. Learn more about Nitrous Oxide sedation.
There are many advantages to using Nitrous Oxide
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a \"hangover\".
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Oral Conscious Sedation
Are extremely anxious about visiting the dentist? We can administer an oral sedative to relax you before performing any restorative dental procedure. Safe and effective, Oral Sedation allows you to remain awake and aware, but your anxiety will be reduced for any dental procedure.
Advantages to patients include:
- Treatment is completed when you are in a more relaxed mood.
- You will have less difficulty sitting through a lengthy procedure.
- Multiple treatments and full mouth restorations can occur at during the same visit.
- Less discomfort after treatment.
A numbing technique that effectively blocks sensation at the treatment site. Anesthesia is safe and fast-acting, and wears off relatively soon after the procedure is over.
Video: Sedation Dentistry